We sell individual and bundled poles - bundled poles are generally cheaper than the individual poles.
Bamboo poles can be used for many things - from flutes to flag poles for events, tops of pergolas to give diffused light - internal features and screening, the larger poles can be hollowed out and used as water pipes and gutters.
Bamboo has many uses, structual, asthetic and beautiful.
Our bamboo is suplied unvarnished - if you wish to use it outdoors in our UK environment some form of treatment such as varnish is recommended.
1. All bamboo is guaranteed to be crooked - not straight. Some poles are nearly straight.
2. All bamboo is guaranteed to be a different colour from the last time you bought it.
3. All bamboo is guaranteed to split. It may split during shipment, during storage, or over a period of time. Some poles will remain unsplit. The splitting comes from the knots in the bamboo, which cannot expand and shrink the same way as the hollow parts of the bamboo, and that the tension there, with the remaining humidity in the chambers, increase the probability of the splitting: fast temperature changes, e.g. in the summer from hot afternoon in colder evening. There is nothing to be done, its just an accepted part of bamboo.
4. All bamboo is guaranteed to taper and the amount of taper will vary from pole to pole
5. Bamboo is a natural product, in our damp climate it may or may not develop mould -if it does , clean off with a white vinegar solution in water 1:1.
Ordering Information: The majority of our bamboo is available in bundles of 4 poles, some with a minimum order level of 2 bundles. If you only want 1 pole or 1 bundle please contact us and we can work out carriage.
Our bamboo in the main comes in at 4m long. If you, for example, order a bundle of 4 poles at 2m, these will be supplied as 2x4m poles cut by us in half. This keeps carriage costs down. Please note due to the taper on bamboo these will not all be the same diameter. - Thats how it grows.